Welcome to “The Scotch Whisky Industry Review”
2014 Edition Now available
(Available on 28th November 2014)
What is “The Scotch Whisky Industry Review”?
It is the single most authoritative source of business information on the Whisky industry – incredibly comprehensive in its coverage and painstaking in the accuracy of its research. The Review contains 280 pages packed with fascinating and useful information and is used as a reference by all the leading players in the Scotch Whisky industry.
How long has the Review been published?
The Review is published annually and having started life in 1977 is now in its 37th edition.
Who is behind the Review?
Every edition of the Review has been compiled by the recognised leading independent industry analyst Alan S Gray.
What is included in the Review?
Please see the link to “Contents” for a comprehensive list of contents. In summary, the “Review” includes detailed information covering the following main areas;
- Industry Section
- Includes consumption by geographic market, production, stocks, production costs and profit margins
- Company Section
- Includes individual company information, list of distilleries and ownership, distillery capacity utilisation, new developments and visitor numbers
- Case Sales
- Includes the most comprehensive Annual case sale estimates available anywhere by Whisky type (blend & malt) and individual Whisky brand. Includes 10 year record for major brands
- List of Bottled Brands
- Includes list of bottled brands sold in the UK and overseas by company and category - an unrivalled list categorised by standard & deluxe blends and malts. See the brands owned by the different companies at a glance!
- Includes information on current sponsorship deals in the Scotch Whisky industry
- Includes detailed figures on excise duty and revenue, broking prices and retail prices of leading brands
Who should own a copy of “The Scotch Whisky Industry Review”?
- Any Scotch Whisky industry professional
- Any major drinks distributor/exporter/importer
- Any specialist drinks retailer
- Any Scotch Whisky industry supplier
- Any advertising agency/PR company interested in the Scotch Whisky industry
- Any drinks business analyst/ Corporate Finance professional
- Any drinks business investor
- Any Scotch Whisky connoisseur/enthusiast
In fact, anyone with a genuine interest in the Scotch Whisky business!
What are the benefits of owning a copy of “The Scotch Whisky Industry Review”?
- To acquire a complete knowledge of the current state of the Scotch Whisky industry. This includes information on;
- Emerging and growing markets
- Stock levels
- Industry trends
- Distillery Production and capacity
- New distilleries, distillery developments and ownership changes
- Whisky Brand sales
- Whisky Brand pricing
- To allow Whisky professionals to determine how their brands and companies are performing as compared to the rest of the industry.
- To provide an invaluable business reference guide to the Scotch Whisky business
What do people connected with the Scotch Whisky industry have to say about “The Scotch Whisky Industry Review”?
“ I greatly appreciate the wealth of research that goes into producing the Scotch Whisky Review covering all aspects of the industry. The Scotch Whisky Industry Review and the Scotch Whisky Subscription Service provide an essential platform of vital trade, financial and statistical information for decision makers within the industry.” Lord Macfarlane of Bearsden, Honorary Life President, Diageo Scotland
“Anyone with a serious interest in the Scotch Whisky industry cannot be without the incredible wealth of information included in this Annual Review. ScotchWhisky.net is delighted to be associated with “The Review” and to be working with Alan Gray to make it readily accessible via the internet to a worldwide audience. We have no hesitation in recommending it to our customers.” Alan Gordon, www.ScotchWhisky.net
Are other more regular publications available in addition to the Annual Review?
Yes! In addition to “The Review,” the “Scotch Whisky Subscription Service” incorporates a bound Monthly Newsletter which allows constant monitoring of the Scotch Whisky industry and provides a regular and timely update on all important events within the industry, including monthly industry statistics.
How can I purchase “The Scotch Whisky Industry Review” and/or The Subscription Service?
The guide can be purchased directly from Sutherlands Edinburgh or online via ScotchWhisky.net. Please click here for more information.